Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator
CDL Truck Driving Training
THE SCI EDGE
Keep Your Job and Earn-While-You-Learn… SCI’s Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator Program (CDL Driver Training) Allows You to Keep Your Job and Study on Your Time. We’re the Working-Man’s Truck Driving School!
CERTIFICATIONS & Licenses
Commercial Motor Vehicle Operators from SCI can sit for these certifications:
- Commercial Driver’s License
- CDL – Class A w/ Air Brakes & Combination Endorsements*
*Upon receiving a passing score on the TXDPS Class A Commercial Driving Skills Test
Commercial Motor Vehicle Operators at SCI learn career skills like:
- Hands-On Driving
- Basic and Advance Operation
- Backing, Turning, Hooking/Unhooking
- Vehicle Systems and Reporting
- Safety Procedures
- Hazard Perception and Emergency Maneuvers
- Handling Cargo and Environmental Compliance
Receive training as a Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator from Southern Careers Institute. This program prepares our graduates to sit for the Commercial Driver’s License (CDL Class A) and start a career as a professional truck driver.
Students will gain a solid foundation of knowledge, classroom work and hands-on, over-the-road driving training in a standard sleeper cab tractor with a 53’ trailer. The program follows a flexible schedule allowing full-time students to complete it in as little as four weeks.
After graduation, our career services team will assist you with launching your career as a Commercial Truck Driver by helping prepare your resume, working with you on interview skills and networking with local employers. Get the training you need before or after work; with SCI you’ll set your own training and study schedule.
SCI Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator graduates have the opportunity to be employed as:
- Daily Local Route Truck Driver
- Interstate (Regional) Truck Driver
- Interstate Over the Road (OTR) Truck Driver
- Dump Truck, Tow Truck, Garbage Truck Driver
- Delivery, Utility Truck Driver